Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I just don't get it...

I can't for the life of me figure people out. I just don't understand how you can be friends with a person for over 20 years and then just throw the friendship in the toilet for no other reason than you don't agree with some of his opinions. Without so much as a conversation to say "hey, it really bothers me when you..." before you decide to just chuck it. No "I think we should just go our separate ways because this friendship hasn't been working for me for awhile" or anything. Friends who were each other's best man at their weddings. Friends who had kids two weeks apart. Friends who have been more like brothers since they were in kindergarten.

I guess as a person who is loyal almost to a fault and who values her friendships as precious commodities, I do not understand how a person can do this. I have problems letting go of people in my life even when it would be much better for me to do just that. It just makes me sad. In a way I wish things could go back to the way they used to be, but another part of me realizes that that probably will never happen because things have changed. People have changed. I don't think there's any going back now. I guess I'm just in a mourning period for a friendship that is now dead. And it wasn't even my friendship (except through marriage). Hopefully soon I can move on and feel that our life together is more cleansed of drama and irritation than lacking something. I really don't know why I seem to be taking this harder than my husband, but I just feel betrayed and disappointed. People suck. If you can't count on your best friend of 20+ years to stick by you, who can you count on? :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment