Sunday, July 25, 2010

New Camera!





Well, I finally received my new camera! It seemed to take a lot longer than I had anticipated once I placed the order, but all is good now. The manual on it is so long and there are so many features that I fear I'll never understand fully how to use it! Not to mention I am SO rusty in the photography department that I don't know how long it will take me to actually be able to take a decent picture with it. Plus, I only have one lens for the camera right now and no editing software so that will also make it difficult. I'm currently in the process for saving for those.

I'm just hoping that I can overcome the ADD that seems to come out in me when I have to read manuals and with all things technical. It is really important that I get a good understanding of how this camera works and photography in general. I know I have a degree in it, but I don't feel like I learned anywhere near the amount that I should have in order to get that degree. I feel that I have the creativity part under control for the most part, although I could use some improvement in that area as well, but the technical stuff is always what held me back. I have been reading a ton of photo blogs as well as joining an "online digital photography school" which sends all kinds of tips and tutorials to my email. I'm really hoping I can start taking some really good photos again. I'm going to post a few that I took with the new camera but please bear in mind that they are completely unedited and with no real knowledge of how to use the camera! Hopefully I'll be able to post pictures as I go along on my quest for new found photographic knowledge and experience and you can all delight in my advances! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment