Tuesday, April 27, 2010

New Possibilities

After more than a month of dealing with the school that I was going to re-attend and not getting anywhere, I decided to stay at the school I am currently attending. Yes, I already paid a $100 deposit to be readmitted but they were driving me nuts telling me I needed all these forms and to talk to all these different people to get my transfer credits applied correctly. Last night I decided to look at my file to see if they ever changed anything on my degree because they said that once the readmission process went through my report might change. Well, it turns out that they did finally change it without all the crap that they said they needed from me. So now, after I changed my mind about going there, they have everything all updated showing I just need ten more classes to graduate and that would only be like 6 or 7 classes between the fall and spring because three of them could be done during the summer and one or two might even be able to be done online.

However, I refuse to change my mind again and go back there. All the classes will probably be full by now anyway because they made me wait so long for them to get their act together. I also determined that I really didn't want to have to go to school during cold and flu season and have my daughter in daycare probably getting sick left and right. I would have to be taking days off from school to take care of her and then I would get behind. It is so much less stressful and more comfortable for me to stay where I am. I am just annoyed because once they fixed the information it made the decision a little less clear than it had been. I still think career wise though, I am making the right decision continuing with early childhood education instead of French. What am I going to do with a French degree anyway?

It is finally working out for us that we will be able to qualify for and afford state insurance so sooner rather than later we can have another baby. I really wanted to do it before I finished school so that I could just get a job and not have to worry about going on maternity leave shortly after. I also wanted to do it before I am 30 which is quickly approaching. I want to keep my kids kind of close in age so they can be playmates and share a room without too much hassle. Also, I want to do it before I am completely used to having a more independent kid and I have to go back to babyland. Also I am only planning on having one more so once the new kid is older I can get rid of all the baby crap that is taking up room in the house.

I am very excited. I am thinking that I will start trying in June or July so I won't be having a baby in the middle of winter. I can just imagine trying to get out of the house to the hospital when there is a snowstorm or ice or something. That'll be fun trying to skate my pregnant self to the car! Even though my husband and I change our minds about everything all the time, I am hoping that these few decisions I've made recently will work out for the best and we can expand our family soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment