Friday, December 31, 2010

Another end, another beginning...

Well it's New Year's Eve. Already. I can't believe how fast this year flew by. I think it went by faster than any other year so far. I just wanted to take a minute to reflect on this year and think about the year to come.

This year has brought about a lot of joy and happiness as well as some frustrations. My daughter has grown by leaps and bounds, recently speaking in complete sentences and learning more and more French words by the day. She is just such a beautiful little gift. She makes me laugh when I am grumpy, I marvel at her intelligence and her loving personality. She has brought so much fulfillment to my life I can't begin to thank God enough for bringing her to me.
After many months of having no insurance and no prospects at getting any, we finally got health insurance and soon after conceived our second child. I am now almost 23 weeks pregnant with a healthy, active baby girl. My daughter will have a sister just like I wanted and I will be blessed with two beautiful daughters to cook with, laugh with and just be with. I couldn't be more thankful for this gift either. I am enjoying every kick and squirm in my belly and while I look forward to meeting my second child, I know that this will be my last pregnancy so I am trying to soak up every moment of what it feels like to have another human being growing inside me. I don't think there is any gift greater than to be a woman who is able to carry a child.

After much pondering, I decided to try to make a career out of my photography and actually got some things accomplished to that end. I got a DBA license, I got business cards, I did a photo shoot for friends, and I did my first craft show. While business is very slow to start, I am hoping to at least make a lucrative hobby out of it. Meanwhile I am staying in school to complete my bachelor's degree. I don't think I will regret that decision.

In fact, looking in to the future, (not this new year though) I may even decide to go for my master's degree in family and child therapy. I don't know if I'll need to go further on with school after that in order to have any kind of job but it is something that I think I would be very good at and it is something that interests me.

I am looking forward to my husband getting a teaching job and realizing a long-held goal of getting a bachelor's degree and career. He's been working very hard and I will be very proud to see him accomplish his goal and be happy in a new career.

I am looking forward to doing an art show with my mother at her local library this summer. I will get paid $50 for it and get my work out there and possibly sell some too if people like what they see. It's just another foot in the door which is always great.

I am looking forward to cooking more "clean" meals and making a lot more stuff from scratch. This week I made ice cream and I am going to be making cinnamon raisin bread also. I feel so much better as a mother to give my daughter food that I prepared and is minimally (or not at all) processed. I want to make sure I eat more fruits and veggies as well.

While I am hoping for more good things this year, I recognize that every year has it's hard times and I just hope that I will have the strength and wisdom to face them and that I can support my family with whatever they will need.

Here's to a happy and healthy new year for everyone! I hope everyone is safe tonight and is able to ring in the new year with someone special!


No comments:

Post a Comment